Copart
www.copart.com Dallas, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Beyond POOR Senior Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Copart full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are no pros in working for this company. The one perk is its an 8-5 job for the employees at the auction facilities with little overtime.

ConsSenior management refers to the employees as "little people with the $10/hr jobs, you know the common dumb people!" A direct quote from a Senior VP to managers below him. HR department is told to make sure all salaries are as low as possible compared to the industry b/c they do not want to overpay anyone. Copart will not pay you if you are on JURY duty b/c you didn't work so you do not get paid. Senior management is completely separated from reality and makes sure they are taken care of with private jets, meeting in nice hotels with expensive meals and they do nothing for their employees. The new home office in Dallas the "little people" work on one level and the executives are on the upper floor b/c they are to good to mingle with the "little people."

Advice to Senior ManagementNONE.. they wouldn't listen if you gave them any b/c they know it all according to themselves! The executive team does nothing but praise themselves whenever there is a meeting. In my 3 years with this company they have never asked a "little person/ common worker" for any input when making changes. They institute a change without any thought or analysis only to try and change it back 4 days later. Senior management is a joke.

Top down approach will keep Executives removed fom the low level employees

Vehicle Purchasing Agent (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Copart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you can bamboozle them with a flashy powerpoint you… Cons: This company has a very top down approach and consistently falis to look to the experience they have in-house to help incrase… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Copart Direct is a completely mismanaged and poorly thought out idea...

Vehicle Purchasing Agent (Former Employee)
Fairfield, CA

I worked at Copart full-time for less than a year

Pros: Most of the people are good to work with and rely on each other when constantly put in a situation where directions are not clear… Cons: Not many. It's not a place where potential changes are discussed, just implemented and then changed later when they realize it was a knee-jerk reaction… Advice to Senior Management: Make an attempt to know what you are doing before you implement changes… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Copart.

Worked for Copart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Copart reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Copart CEO A. Jayson Adair. All reviews posted anonymously by Copart employees.