Copper River IT
www.copperriverit.com Chantilly, VA 50 to 149 Employees

Great company to work for in my opinion

Computer Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Copper River IT full-time for more than a year

ProsManagement is supportive, friendly, responsive, and quick to help. Human resources is very quick as well to answer questions and resolve any issues. I can honestly say in the 8 years I've worked in this area (through various contracts); this is by far the best company I've worked for. They are very good to their people, and in my experience always putting their employees first. It really does make for a great work environment.

I can't speak for everyone in this company, but my coworkers are intelligent, well versed in their duties, and are professional in their work ethics. Some are well rounded while others have some specialties that bring a vast knowledge to the team. My managers are not only managers but also experienced analysts themselves, which makes for a much better setup than having managers that only know how to manage people.

I should mention, I had looked at a different job someone recommended to me, and found that Copper River treated me better in my time with them and leaving than I was treated by the company that was trying to hire me....

In regards to what the previous review mentioned on benefits, I've found the opposite to be true. My insurance is dramatically cheaper than my previous jobs, and way cheaper than the other job I had been looking at with a much larger company. I have no complaints about any of the benefits Copper River offers. I'm very happy to be an Orca!

ConsDon't want to leave this blank, so here's the best I can come up with for cons:

Job security if on a government contract, though this isn't specific to Copper River. There is always the chance they may lose the contract, but most of the time whoever wins the contract will pick up the existing staff anyway. This is the case no matter what government contractor you may be employed by. It’s easier to keep who is in place than rehire. I had 1 position that I was employed by 3 companies in.

This is just my opinion, but I have no doubts that if you work for them, prove your worth, and make a good example, that they will do their best to find you another position with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Extremely high turnaround. Do your research before taking a position

Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee)
Chantilly, VA

I worked at Copper River IT full-time for more than a year

Pros: One of the benefits is having access to many of the free online training offerings that their technology partners are providing, such as VMware and… Cons: This company is basically a head shop - they are filling "butts in seats" contracts with various government agencies, and they must keep overhead low… Advice to Senior Management: The executive staff at Copper River IT claims that the key to making their clients happy is by having a group of enthusiastic professionals dedicated… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Copper River IT.

Worked for Copper River IT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Copper River IT reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Copper River IT CEO Ben Brucker. All reviews posted anonymously by Copper River IT employees.