Copper River IT

www.copperriverit.com
  www.copperriverit.com
There are newer employer reviews for Copper River IT

Great company to work for in my opinion

Current Employee - Computer Analyst
Current Employee - Computer Analyst

I have been working at Copper River IT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is supportive, friendly, responsive, and quick to help. Human resources is very quick as well to answer questions and resolve any issues. I can honestly say in the 8 years I've worked in this area (through various contracts); this is by far the best company I've worked for. They are very good to their people, and in my experience always putting their employees first. It really does make for a great work environment.

I can't speak for everyone in this company, but my coworkers are intelligent, well versed in their duties, and are professional in their work ethics. Some are well rounded while others have some specialties that bring a vast knowledge to the team. My managers are not only managers but also experienced analysts themselves, which makes for a much better setup than having managers that only know how to manage people.

I should mention, I had looked at a different job someone recommended to me, and found that Copper River treated me better in my time with them and leaving than I was treated by the company that was trying to hire me....

In regards to what the previous review mentioned on benefits, I've found the opposite to be true. My insurance is dramatically cheaper than my previous jobs, and way cheaper than the other job I had been looking at with a much larger company. I have no complaints about any of the benefits Copper River offers. I'm very happy to be an Orca!

Cons

Don't want to leave this blank, so here's the best I can come up with for cons:

Job security if on a government contract, though this isn't specific to Copper River. There is always the chance they may lose the contract, but most of the time whoever wins the contract will pick up the existing staff anyway. This is the case no matter what government contractor you may be employed by. It’s easier to keep who is in place than rehire. I had 1 position that I was employed by 3 companies in.

This is just my opinion, but I have no doubts that if you work for them, prove your worth, and make a good example, that they will do their best to find you another position with the company.

Keep doing what you are doing.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Copper River IT (View Most Recent)

Run away and Run Fast

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Copper River IT full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The interview process was easy. And they will extend an offer pretty quick. Human Resource and the technical staffing firm they work with seem to have their stuff together.
    If you are in with mgmt. you will move up quickly.

Cons

This list is pretty long.

They tell you a travel requirement of 25%, What they mean is 90%.
    The benefits are awful, high cost for insurance etc. - They do match your 401k which is nice.
    The raises are horrible, this year they decided you can only get a 3% raise a year (even if you exceed all expectations on your review), even though they low ball you when they hire you.
    No job security. They fire people on whim, especially if you are not "in" with HR
    Mgmt is immature. Think high school, but now they have titles.
    They have no regard for the customers at all and will sell them anything - think used car salesmen.
    If you are not in with mgmt. you will not advance.

Stop selling everything to a customer - get off the car lot. Focus on what you are good at. Be honest - to the employees and the customers.

You would think with the growth they could actually be a little more mature.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Copper River IT full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you like being surrounded by upper management that reminds you more of a frat house its great. YO can move up quickly if you are good at office politics and brown nosing.

Cons

No training, HQ is ran by a bunch of people that never finished college. They still feel like its jocks and cheer leaders.

Grow up, learn to actually follow some sort of model that doesn't change on a whim.

There are newer employer reviews for Copper River IT