CorVel

www.corvel.com

Great recognition doesn't translate into career path

Senior Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsIf you have good manager, you get recognized for your work. Management is willing to bet on latest technology.

ConsRecognition doesn't translate into career success. Pretty much no career path. You get promoted if you're in the right place at the right time. 100% agree with Anonymous Programmer Analyst from Portland.

You can be in the same position even after years. Not-so-bad annual raise keeps pushing pay up. After many years, one finds hard to move on to other jobs because, for the same position one can't get as much pay outside. So, only option is to look for a job higher in career path which becomes difficult after being in same position for too long.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for opportunities to fill higher posts from internal. This will provide opportunities for rank & file to move up the ladder.

Dont expect benefits

Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at CorVel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Very strong IT culture. Management supports use of advanced technologies. Normal working hours, good life-work balance, job… Cons: Despite being a healthcare management company, healthcare benefits are terrible. HR new policies cut casual Fridays, no plants… Advice to Senior Management: You have lost valuable people with quasi-fascist HR policies. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Bill Review Processor

Bill Review Processor (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

I worked at CorVel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good pay. Nice PTO. Good job. Cons: Benefits are expensive. There is a lot of turn over.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen more to employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CorVel.

Worked for CorVel? Contribute to the Community!