Dead End Road

Former Employee - Data Verification Specialist in Acton, MA
Former Employee - Data Verification Specialist in Acton, MA

I worked at CorVel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office management was very flexible and understanding. I was given the opportunity to work from home which allowed for me to juggle my personal and work life adequately.

Cons

There is no room for advancement. I was hired under the premise that, one day, I would be presented with opportunities for advancement, but there truly aren't any. The pay is very low. The company has a maximum percentage they're allowed to give as raises, and it's an abysmal amount. The pay wouldn't cover basic life necessities if I would have had to work within the office rather than from home. I didn't partake in the benefits because they weren't worth it. For a company such as this, you would think they would have good benefits. They don't have short- or long-term disability, either. They allow you to accumulate sick/vacation time to compensate for it, but I would have much preferred the option of short-term disability for something like maternity leave.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with your employees about advancement opportunities. Don't imagine positions for them to, one day, be promoted to that don't exist.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Dead end path, no where to advance

Current Employee - EBR Procurement in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - EBR Procurement in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at CorVel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't honestly name any pros. Nothing about my time here has been positive.

Cons

Poor management and supervisors. Different standards for different employees. Pay is terrible. Under paid and over worked. Forget about benefits because you can't afford them. You have to pay for your own parking, company does not help at all.

Advice to Management

Needs an overhaul. Show more care and concern about developing your employees. Offer better, more affordable bennefits, and pay for employee parking since you are going to under pay us.

Desk job in an office, not very exciting

Former Employee - Provider Data Specialist in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Provider Data Specialist in Richmond, VA

I worked at CorVel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

steady work schedule, normal 40hr week, easy dress code

Cons

sitting down repeating the same task over 100 times a day, and multiple bosses all telling you what to do. Strict on hours, and quotas.

Advice to Management

give your employees a little variation in their work