TCM /Workers comp

Former Employee - RN/TCM  in  Lake Mary, FL
Former Employee - RN/TCM in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at CorVel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I enjoyed working in the TCM Unit, the co-workers are very supported
and work as a team. Team effort , with adjusters,providers and employers., is a Must.

Cons

Care MC (Program ) is slow at times., but is updated frequently.

I miss the company field trips we had in the past, they were fun and enjoyable...

Other Reviews for CorVel

Dead End Road

Former Employee - Data Verification Specialist  in  Acton, MA
    Former Employee - Data Verification Specialist in Acton, MA

I worked at CorVel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Office management was very flexible and understanding. I was given the opportunity to work from home which allowed for me to juggle my personal and work life adequately.

Cons

There is no room for advancement. I was hired under the premise that, one day, I would be presented with opportunities for advancement, but there truly aren't any.
    The pay is very low. The company has a maximum percentage they're allowed to give as raises, and it's an abysmal amount. The pay wouldn't cover basic life necessities if I would have had to work within the office rather than from home.
    I didn't partake in the benefits because they weren't worth it. For a company such as this, you would think they would have good benefits. They don't have short- or long-term disability, either. They allow you to accumulate sick/vacation time to compensate for it, but I would have much preferred the option of short-term disability for something like maternity leave.

Be upfront with your employees about advancement opportunities. Don't imagine positions for them to, one day, be promoted to that don't exist.

Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Orange, CA

I worked at CorVel full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Poor management with no people skills. Poor leadership and no communications to their employees and virtually no training provided.

Hire experience employees with an education and not promote anyone just because they have been with the company for a long period of time.

There are newer employer reviews for CorVel.

Worked for CorVel? Contribute to the Community!