There are newer employer reviews for Coraid

Great go to market team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Coraid full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

sales and marketing culture was awesome

Cons

cto and engineering was terrible

past performance does not always reflect future performance

reviews filtered by
  1. Fabulous Start up with great products and new management team

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Coraid full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Every person is important as we are all needed to make this a huge success. The new management team is making some tough decisions to lead us to the next chapter. So far, I have agreed with their decisions.

Cons

Lots of changes--so if you don't like change, don't come here. Coraid is in a period of transition and you have to got through some rough stuff to emerge as a world class player--especially in the competitive world of storage.

Keep on keeping on. I know you are going as fast as you can to improve everything about our products, our culture and our customer's Coraid experience.

Management focus is on protecting themselves from blame, not delivering a quality product.

I worked at Coraid full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, interesting technology, and some of the most astounding raw potential of any company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Exceptionally poor management in the Engineering branch, increasing attrition/loss of experienced and reliable employees, unclear direction and poor decision making.

To put it simply, the current management structure in Engineering is inept, and obsessed with looking good to other departments -- not actually doing a good job. Managing up well and managing down poorly are not a good combination, especially when management delivers unclear directives and doesn't understand the technology that they should be working with. Practices like making technicians apologize to managers who make mistakes or ignoring the advice of experienced staff on hiring choices foster a feeling that the management is indifferent to the actual teams doing their jobs.

If Coraid cannot ditch these managers, they will drive the company into an early grave -- but the sheer volume of long-time employees jumping ship should attest to that.

There are newer employer reviews for Coraid