Corbis
www.corbis.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good Company, Tough Industry

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Corbis

ProsGreat product -- some of the world's best images
Good compensation (if you make sales targets)
Decent benefits
Tends to attract creative, interesting people

ConsI was in the LA office -- there was some downsizing and the office didn't have the exciting vibe of some of the bigger offices. It felt like it was on the side a bit.
The stock photography industry is in decline. Made it harder to make targets (and money) each year.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for opportunities outside photography.
Don't forget the LA office -- lots of good people there. You are too Seattle-centric there. You need to be more about LA or NY if you want to be a more recognized media company.

An Exercise in Futility

Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Corbis

Pros: Experienced and competent co-workers Good benefits Downtown location Cons: Promotions are often of the wrong people into the wrong jobs With few exceptions, managers are ineffective team leaders Director level and above management is,… Advice to Senior Management: Managers should be selected and promoted by their ability to lead a team toward common goals, not based on their tenure or success… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Opportunities for Professional Growth

Seattle, WA

I have been working at Corbis

Pros: Great team members, many opportunities for promotion if you work hard, competitive… Cons: Very consensus driven, Needs a better 401K match Advice to Senior Management: Trust and Empower your talent, Focus on building a winning… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Corbis.

Worked for Corbis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corbis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corbis CEO Gary Shenk. All reviews posted anonymously by Corbis employees.