Corbis
www.corbis.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good company but unstable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Corbis full-time

ProsNot an 8 to five job. There is some flexibility in hours. The pay is not high but it's liveable. The people at this company make the job - they're excellent.

ConsThere are requirements for working every other Friday night. The size of the team determines how many Friday nights you work. Recent layoffs of long-term employees have destroyed the tribal knowledge base.

Advice to Senior ManagementSettle. Set one long-range plan and stay with it.

Corbis in the toilet!

General Employee (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Corbis full-time for more than a year

Pros: The people are awesome sans upper management. Cons: Frankly, Corbis is circling the drain. Out of touch individuals are being allowed to make architectural and infrastructure decisions with little to no experience… Advice to Senior Management: Quit, just quit. You are over your heads and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Corbis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: First, until recently, the company attracted very talented technology resources (unfortunately, as inside stories are coming out, this may be one the decline). Second, the… Cons: Other reviewers have pointed out the incompetence of IT leadership. I can't improve upon it, except to say it is only… Advice to Senior Management: First order of business, please stop the bloodletting, that is, letting go of the most senior people. Second, go beyond copying competition; be the leader… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Corbis.

Worked for Corbis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corbis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corbis CEO Gary Shenk. All reviews posted anonymously by Corbis employees.