Corbis
www.corbis.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

fast-paced, creative company for those who thrive on change

Senior Management (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsCreative fun people, good benefits, great location and environment, good life/work balance. Leaner leadership tier leaves greater opportunities to impact from all levels.

ConsFrequent change in leadership, direction, attrition and lay-offs. Trade-off of sub-par compensation for more growth opportunities and challenges. Leadership can range from senior and disconnected to junior and naive.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a strong CIO, focus on revenue generating initiatives, stop wasiting time/effort/focus on side projects. Be honest with employees and truly address morale issues, not just white wash them.

Great people, incompetent senior leadership, constant restructuring

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Corbis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The people and product are great. Work/life balance is very much respected in most departments. Due to small size of the company jobs wind up… Cons: Don't consider working here if you value a secure work environment or expect your contributions to mean anything when it comes time to cut heads.… Advice to Senior Management: The company has never been profitable and most likely never will under the current CEO and senior management. The company values transient executive messiahs over… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Corbis in the toilet!

General Employee (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Corbis full-time for more than a year

Pros: The people are awesome sans upper management. Cons: Frankly, Corbis is circling the drain. Out of touch individuals are being allowed to make architectural and infrastructure decisions with little to no experience… Advice to Senior Management: Quit, just quit. You are over your heads and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Corbis.

Worked for Corbis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corbis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corbis CEO Gary Shenk. All reviews posted anonymously by Corbis employees.