Corbis

There are newer employer reviews for Corbis

No idea what their business plan was after 9 months

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Corbis as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The work is interesting and challenging. Depending on what team you're assigned to you could have some good coworkers with managers who have experience leading and a vision for their team. Others may not be so lucky.

Cons

I asked several senior managers what Corbis does and they all gave me a different answer. Corbis has a tendency to buy other companies so their portfolio includes a pretty broad range of functions. That doesn't excuse senior management for not having a clear idea of what the motley of businesses mean and how they're all going to fit together.

Decide who you are, what you want to do, and be able to tell me in 30 seconds. And everyone should have the same story.

132 Other Employee Reviews for Corbis (View Most Recent)

New management, less of those who matter.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Corbis as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Work-life balance in IT is actually pretty reasonable, and the team genuinely cares about your livelihood outside of work.

Cons

Lack of direction in managing; projects with high budgets were cancelled suddenly, and their respective employees associated with them canned for little to no good reason.

There are far too many of you. Where layoffs are happening, Corbis is just hiring more management. It's a classic problem with a classic outcome.

Overrated - It looks beautiful on the outside

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Corbis full-time

Pros

Benefits, a Bill Gates Company, nice office, Great content and resources.

Cons

Management, Management, Management. Management has no idea what they are doing. The company is in a divide. Lay-offs every 6 months while they promote management. The CEO is a joke. He needs to step down and stop wasting peoples time with his own genius ideas. Did I mention how our technology is very old and broken? While the world moved on, we are still stuck in the Windows 95 stage. Even though we are a Bill Gates company, our technology is so old that it crashes all the time from the homepage, to the internal website, to emails, to phones. It's really frustrating but the company will not reinvest on the images side. They are focusing their time and energy on Gary's great idea - Entertainment.

It's not your employees fault, it's your fault. You need to fix what is on top and reinvest in your employees. The people below you are making the money, not you. Please be respectable.

There are newer employer reviews for Corbis