There are newer employer reviews for Core Laboratories

Turn a blind eye to unsafe and hostile work environment.

Current Employee - Field Representative (Tracing Supervisor)
Current Employee - Field Representative (Tracing Supervisor)

I have been working at Core Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paid well, good training, decent equipment to work with. (Protechnics)

Cons

Have many policies dealing with safety but aren't worth the paper they are written on. They have a "compliance hotline" to contact with concerns of safety, company policy violation, etc. but it is only window dressing. I called to inform the compliance officer of unsafe and abusive practices in my office and was told that if I was retaliated against to call and let them know. My concerns were never addressed and within a months time I was fired without any reason being given after having been promoted twice in a year. They had someone fall asleep at the wheel and died in the crash. The company created a "policy" against driving after working more than twelve hours and yet they still continue to expect you to drive after working in some cases multiple days in a row without sleep.

Treat your employees as valued individuals rather than a means to an end that can be replaced at any time. Address issues with abusive/ignorant supervisors rather than fire the persons that bring them to your attention.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Core Laboratories (View Most Recent)

Not a terrible job, but not career worthy

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Core Laboratories full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, steady work, great benefits

Cons

Management is out of touch with their employees, opportunity for advancement is slim, pay is not on par with branches in other locations

You'll learn, and want to get away.

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Core Laboratories as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Supervisor was great! Some people are rather friendly. They will take just about anyone that wants a job. You learn good things, like how to cover your butt when the managers mess up. The fear you get from getting fired for no reason will make you a good workaholic. Diverse work environment.

Cons

Managers ranged from adequate to bad. You can get fired for doing what you are tolled to do. Health and safety is not important to the managers. Example is they prevent you from wearing gas masks when dealing with toxic chemicals. Or if you are injured and on serious pain meds they still expect you to come to work. Bad atmosphere in more than one way. Depending on where you work you could be expected to work harder than others while getting paid the same or less. Poor leadership. Poor work life balance. Example, they discouraged me taking time off to go to a funeral, and then fired me not long after I came back.

Improve or liquidize and give the money to the workers at the bottom.

There are newer employer reviews for Core Laboratories