Core-Mark
www.coremark.com South San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Awful company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Core-Mark

ProsWeekends off was about all I can narrow down, no pros coming from this company that I would say is good enough to refer someone to work here.

ConsEvery which way I looked was a downside to working for Core-Mark. I was a driver for Core-Mark and you are over worked and underpaid for the back breaking labor you do. You are not paid by the hour, you are paid by a system they have. Employees tried to go union to only be threatened by management that they will be fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the company from the bottom up and not the top down. Treat the bottom line employees like people and give them a reasonable wage to work with. You have very high turn over for many reason and you people act like huh... no big deal. Well one day word will get around and you will have a hard time finding good honest workers.

Very discomfort

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Core-Mark

Pros: Alberta employee Union support for workers. Cons: Not open to any changes, Do not train employee . Do… Advice to Senior Management: Should learn better management procedures and hire right people No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Poor leadership is detrimental to what should be a great place to work.

Outside Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Core-Mark

Pros: employees are friendly, opportunities to improve your performance through feedback… Cons: organization is very top-heavy. difficult to get promoted unless you're part of the "in" crowd. Little to… Advice to Senior Management: Merit based promotions. Stop creating positions for people who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Core-Mark.

Worked for Core-Mark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Core-Mark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Core-Mark CEO Tom Perkins. All reviews posted anonymously by Core-Mark employees.