Core-Mark

www.coremark.com
  www.coremark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Core-Mark

low pay long hours late paycheck

Current Employee - Stacker/Full Case/Trailer Cleaner/Loader in Spokane, WA
Current Employee - Stacker/Full Case/Trailer Cleaner/Loader in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Core-Mark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the health benefits thats it

Cons

all the people are irritable because of treatment from management hours the off days we have for a weekend the fact we have to give up a day of our weekend to have a holiday off the stress coming from management to employee

revamp the whole system hire people with more know how and less irritability

54 Other Employee Reviews for Core-Mark (View Most Recent)

Core-Mark has given back to me a love I had years ago selling on the road

Current Employee - Sales in New England, ND
    Current Employee - Sales in New England, ND

I have been working at Core-Mark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, benefits, quality product

Cons

a little behind in technology

Keep pushing to move into number 1 nation wide and growing the East coast

I'm dying here!!!

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Corona, CA

I have been working at Core-Mark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer benefits that are just ok, I have an established route that I can almost work as my own boss (so to speak). And we get the weekends off that's a big plus. But these are the only things that are good about the job.

Cons

Their organizational skills are way off balance, and so is their communication. The merchandisers rely on the times of truck deliveries. And there are so many times where the merchandisers are on time within their work schedule, but the drivers are not, and they end up waiting around wasting valuable company time. In addition, they send out messages to our company phone with regards to why the drivers are running behind, but when we actually see those same drivers, they tell us a much different story as to why they got out late! Why would they lie to their co-workers? This is completely unacceptable because we all have a life (family) outside of work, and they seem to NOT even care. And on top of it, they don't even consider seniority when promoting from within. Take for instance, I have 3 years with them, and this other person barely had a year under his belt, and he got promoted to supervisor! And just to put the icing on the cake, they pay everyone the exact same salary instead of paying their employees what they're worth, for example how much experience they come in with, the more the experience the better the pay! Nope not at all, I have well over 20 years of experience, and get paid the same amount as someone hired right out of high school! There is something definately wrong with that!

You people must make better choices when hiring, and promoting. It shouldn't be about who you know who gets the opportunity. It should be who is qualified for the position. Because that's the only fair way of doing things at any company, and the employees won't hate their jobs either. So rethink your decisions before putting them in stone! Think before you do.

There are newer employer reviews for Core-Mark