There are newer employer reviews for Core-Mark

Good people, not enough room for advancement

Pros

People are generally nice. Also, as a slightly neurotic person, I enjoyed working for a very stable, consistent company

Cons

Fairly high turnover over employees, probably due to the limited room for advancement

Other Employee Reviews for Core-Mark

Dysfuntional, Unorganized, and living in the past. An overall unhappy enviroment from top to bottom.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Whitinsville, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Whitinsville, MA

I worked at Core-Mark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is reasonable, car benifits are good

Cons

Far to few employees to keep up with the competition and the workload

Advice to Management

Stop putting 30 year olds in positions of authority. There career is the focus not doing what best improves the company

Horrible

Former Employee - Order Selector
    Former Employee - Order Selector

I worked at Core-Mark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay- you can actually live off it, if your single... fellow employees- by far one of the coolest staff i have worked with, maybe 1 or 2 sour apples but other then that it was fun. benefits - decent benefits, company parties etc

Cons

hours - horrible work life balance, I started developing severe depression from not seeing my friends or family due to my over night hours. i was only supposed to work til 1am but usually got out by 3:30 am or later every night work environment- seemed very dangerous, injuries were not uncommon, safety training is basically worthless here. management- work you to exhaustion, you'll put in 12 hours a night of heavy lifting 5 nights a week. by the time your days off come you are to beat to even savor them. I was punished for getting hurt by being over worked, My supervisor decided after the first 8 hours of my shift there would be no breaks during overtime. so I would work straight for 4+ hours of heavy lifting after the initial shift ended (im sure slaves were treated better) turnover - very rarely do people even stay. they burn out, or are let go because they can not hit the insane targets that the company has laid out. news flash coremark, if 90% of newbies cant hit your numbers its probably something wrong with you. I hit mine but was let go after i was cleared after my injury, so to me this company is scum if you are a person looking for work, I would keep looking and not stop here, its a miserable place to work.

Advice to Management

quit skimming on staff, You expect an understaffed facility of 8 to handle the work of 12-15 men in a 8 hour period then complain when they require OT, even when they are exceeding their requirements. pay really is to low for the labor involved, im sorry but with your profit margins you can do way better. the fact you dropped me 2 days after i was cleared after i pulled a muscle on the job shows me you are horrible human beings. try caring about people especially when they bust their butt for you.