There are newer employer reviews for Core-Mark

outstanding

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Core-Mark full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

opportunities are a plenty for each employee

Cons

upper level branch management needs to be more in touch with employees that do the work.

Corporate needs to make sure division management has a heart and communicates with its employees

45 Other Employee Reviews for Core-Mark (View Most Recent)

Doing things the Coremark way is synonymous with an expletive... you get my point right?

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Core-Mark for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, I can say they have an all around good insurance program. The offices and breakrooms are clean.

Cons

I used to be a positive person before I started working for this company. I soon realized there was a cultlike attitude with upper management. You have to swear allegiance to a group of sensitive, ego maniac managers that live and breath Coremark. Now let me say, I am passionate wherever I work, but I begun to loathe the environment. They push and prod middle management along with frontline workers whilst offering no support. And don't dare disagree with one of them or their egos will crumble, and you'll be marked. At least one good thing comes from this, I'm now reevaluating my life, goals and searching for a different career. This company could be so much more if management got behind their team instead of prancing around barking orders and sending snarky emails. Even the poor pay would be just a bit easier to deal with if you had a strong leadership base.

Invest in UPPER management professionalism and leadership training, as well as middle management. But trust me that its needed at the highest level per division.
     Actually invest in real training, for all departments at the division level. This company has the poorest training program I've ever seen.

Stop justifying bad behavior because you proclaim the numbers "are good". Support middle management and your frontline. Stop referring to people as stupid, stop picking on people who disagree, stop communicating in emails like highschool children, stop trying to talk everyone into drinking the coolaid. Lead by example and be open to suggestions and feedback.

Not a fair competition

Former Employee - Driver  in  Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Driver in Spokane, WA

I worked at Core-Mark full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are good will always have a job they can't afford to lose drivers...bad attitude = driver of the year...

Cons

Pushed to work illegal and management turns the other cheek. Bad moral.

Improve moral with fair compensation

There are newer employer reviews for Core-Mark

Worked for Core-Mark? Contribute to the Community!