Corel

www.corel.com
  www.corel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Corel

Good place

Former Employee - User Experience in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - User Experience in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Corel as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It was a co-op job. In my third year. Started off great, although I thought it was a little slow. But it was my first job in the field, so I'm sure they weren't expecting me to hit the ground running anyway.

Cons

My hiring manager got laid off. At the same, I was supposed to get a few terms out of it but because of the cutbacks, my contract was not renewed. (I was supposed to get a few terms out of it.)

44 Other Employee Reviews for Corel (View Most Recent)

Great place for someone to jumpstart their careers

Current Employee - Developer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Developer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Corel

Pros

The best thing about Corel are it's people. Due to downsizing, the ones left are true professionals with great flair. For a software corporation of its size, its scale of operations is quite extensive and this is all due to the quality of its employees.

If you are a junior to intermediate level person who wishes to grow, this is a great place as you will be working with world-class professionals with a can-do attitude to everything.

Cons

Very little room for advancement. Management hold onto their positions tightly and keep their employees from evolving into leadership roles.

If you are a senior-level person, you will find it frustrating at the least.

If you want to retain your high quality employees, you need to provide them opportunities for advancement.

Great place with an old product line

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Corel

Pros

Good group of highly skilled people that enjoy their work and their products. Decent perks, work flexibility, and consistent perfromance recognition throughout.

Cons

Recent history of investor purchase, delisting, relisting, delisting again. Very tight ship with little room or budget for innovation. Culture of "me too" products. High executive aversion to risk.

Need to foster more innovation at a low level. Create more turnover in the employees to bring in fresh experiences and skills.

There are newer employer reviews for Corel