There are newer employer reviews for Corel

If you are a grunt level employee, don't bother, but if you are middle-high management, this place is for you.

Current Employee - Part of Grunt Level Manager  in  Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Part of Grunt Level Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Corel

Pros

The roles are always evolving with market trend and market technology in the software multimedia space and Corel is the market leader in this particular market in many ways. Never boring and always learning (unless again, grunt level)

Cons

Very very top heavy for a small-medium sized company.

Consolidate each senior managements direction into one and negotiate with the holding interest in the back to make sure the goals are aligned. Too many directions and too many opinions leads to competitor stealing business away.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Corel (View Most Recent)

Tough times

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Corel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Atmosphere is relaxed and results-focussed. Managers are generally friendly. Lots of fun people. There isn't a lot of middle management with nothing to do but supervise people, so you're treated like an adult and left alone to do your job.

Cons

The company is currently being stripped for parts due to tough market conditions. Saw so many good people get let go over the years. Half the product portfolio now managed out of Austin so probably more job losses coming to Ottawa. It can be a good place to work and I know people who've had good career's there, but the threat of restructuring and layoffs is always around no matter how you perform.

I think they have their hands full trying to keep the place above water.

From a Philippine Support

Current Employee - Mpeg Software Engineer  in  Makati City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Mpeg Software Engineer in Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at Corel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only interesting experience I have gathered in this company is the camaraderie and friends that exists. Everything else goes to hell. Why I am still staying here? It is because of them.

Cons

The PH Team salary for public information has been UNCHANGED (and measly) for over 2 years. We have met the Quotas, we have made clients, we have satisfied clients in large chunks of the portfolio but management clamors for more. The savings and income went to WRONG DECISIONS such as buying another corporation which are NONSENSE. Motivation is NIL. Benefits are planned but perpetually (and) consistently delayed. We are entitled to 10 sick leaves per year, no carry overs and no conversion to cash for unused leaves. And for information of the public view, every time we are on sick leave, a memo is issued to explain after a Medical Certificate had been submitted already. What is it to explain? Should I bring the doctor to explain I am sick?

You should go back and school and re-take MGT101 again and again, concentrate your assignments on MOTIVATION. And as a reminder: BUYING ANOTHER COMPANY IS NOT A GAIN! Remember that, my goodness.

There are newer employer reviews for Corel

Worked for Corel? Contribute to the Community!