Corinthian Colleges

The good with the bad

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

They offer very good benefits and a good salary

Cons

Very poor upper management in each department. They need to be more selective in their hiring process.

I don't know what over directors are like in other departments but my own. The director in our Admissions department enjoys giving our team members "BEAT DOWN" meetings every Friday. We are always getting scolded for issues out of our control. Our Friday meetings are never positive, even when we do VERY well (go way above our goal number) for the term. It's always a meeting about what we do wrong and never what we do right or how we can make it better.

To make a long story short...my advice to my Director would be to praise us when we do well. And not be so quick to scold the team. When you praise your employess, they will WANT to do more for you without being asked. When you scold them, they will only do what is needed OR LESS because they will get scolded regardless.

2. Don't not play favorites because the team will see it.

3. Don't lie to your employess and not think that they will not find out. Believe it or not, your employees do get together to compare stories. Especialy when you already have a reputation of being a liar.

4. Don't belittle your associates in front of their peers. One day you will run into the wrong person and they will not take it lightly.

5. Don't disrespect your employees yet demand it from them.

212 Other Employee Reviews for Corinthian Colleges (View Most Recent)

CCI

Former Employee - Student Services Coordinator in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Student Services Coordinator in Brandon, FL

I worked at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

Direct supervisors were very knowledgeable with regards to the position and department

Cons

Lack of communication between management and employees

Open lines of communication with employees
    Decrease the amount of employee layoffs and turnover
    Provide advancement opportunities to all employees

Helping you, help others.

Current Employee - Default Management Representative in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Default Management Representative in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges

Pros

Openess, Diversity and a sense of accomplishment when it comes to my work. Recognition and an overwhelming feeling of actually helping someone. A true testament to the company goals and values that have been established within the company.

Cons

Slow Growth, and lack of upward mobility seem to be only drawback to the position. Management is trying to work on that as much as they can. Its a problem when so many great people work in one place. Everyone here, serves a purpose and is driven to attain the goal of giving no matter who it is 110%. I have never worked for a company that trust and believes in its workforce so much. Many companies say they do, this is the only one that I have worked at that practices this philosophy on a daily basis.

None. They know what they are doing. I stand behind them 110%