Corinthian Colleges
www.cci.edu Santa Ana, CA 5000+ Employees

Employees Wanted: Must posses brown on your nose!

Instructor (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsLet me think... well, the branch President is coming around, meaning that she is trying to improve her relationships with the instructors. My direct supervisor understands and appreciates feedback and shows true empathy for the instructors thoughts, feelings, and what we need to do our jobs well.

ConsWe are a three story shared building with classrooms on every floor except for the third where Career services are and most management. The manager above mine plays favorites. She says she doesn't, but she does. She has lied to the President about me and when I was called into a meeting with them, I PROVED that she was lying. This manager also does not meet ANY qualifications required in the job description. Everyone at our campus knows exactly how she got that promotion (a big brown nose). There is no room for advancement UNLESS you willing to kiss a little back side.

I don't play games or favorites whether it's students or staff. I am stern but fair. My students even tell others that they understand why I make sure they follow class and school rules. They know it's to make they more employable. The other instructors never enforce dress codes, or any other rules but it always comes back to me and my students feel harassed by management as if they are being targeted even though they are the only ones to follow the rules.

The first floor staff houses the President, and the reps to sign up new students. They have a room on the first floor where they are ALWAYS having parties, BBQ's, etc. Instructors only have a one hour time period to check our email (in computer class) and that's IF you have time to even check it. The invitations to us come out either an hour before, or we get them after the events to join in.

The above mentioned "manager" keeps giving instructors more and more extra homework to do to prove we are continuing our educations and gives us unrealistic due dates. This last one was a dozy. We had a mandatory two hour webinar about the new EMR in offices. Then two weeks later I was told it didn't matter because those were not the books that were going to be used.

Breaks? We take them when the students do right? WRONG! When they are at break, we are making copies, calling absent students, etc.

Now with this Q4 release statement, 14 California campuses are going to be closed presumably by Dec 31. The three Bay Area campuses are on the chopping block. what are we going to do? They either truly don't know any info, or are just not telling us anything. What happened to this 90 day rule of letting employees know in advance of a company (branch) closure?

At this point, I am not sure what I am going to do, and there is at least one manager that I know of (from first hand knowledge) that they are scared of what they are going to do. Apparently, it's going to happen before the new tax year starts. We were already told that the instructors will NOT be receiving any raises this year. I don't know if it has changed or not in the last 6 months, but if the reps made their "quota", they were guaranteed a raise of more than a few dollars every 6 months, and more if they were really above their quota. The same manager listed above openly calls students the "bread and butter" to instructors, but aren't WE the ones doing the work? We are the ones teaching these students hard as well as soft skills... not management or reps.

Our drop out rate I believe is 15.5%, but the repayment default rate is 38%. A lot of companies in the Bay area is outsourcing jobs again, so our unemployment rate is about to bust through the roof.

Don't come to California! There's no jobs here, and more people are laid off everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly promote the truly deserving and QUALIFIED. Listen to the instructors, we actually do have good ideas and advice. Tell us the truth. What the heck is going on?

Ok

Confidential (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges full-time for more than a year

Pros: good employment opportunities for students based on most programs Cons: some direct management ethics, gossip More

Been a great experience. Have loved working for this company.

Externship Administrator (Current Employee)
    Newport News, VA

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great room for advancement. Upper Management really care about you. Cons: No real con except to say this is a for Profit School so with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Corinthian Colleges.

Worked for Corinthian Colleges? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corinthian Colleges reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corinthian Colleges CEO Jack D. Massimino. All reviews posted anonymously by Corinthian Colleges employees.