There are newer employer reviews for Corizon

Hairy experience! Stay away!

Former Employee - Not What I Appied for in Brentwood, TN
Former Employee - Not What I Appied for in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Corizon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work is interesting but its pretty much DIY all the way!

Cons

Management uses bullying tactics! Constant chaos, no management skills and very little respect for the employees. Unreasonable demands followed by hostility by PHS employees towards the newbies. NO training manuals.

Advice to Management

Shame on you! You dont know how to treat and respect your employees

Other Employee Reviews for Corizon

One Word "CHAOS!"

Current Employee - RN in Douglas, AZ
    Current Employee - RN in Douglas, AZ

I have been working at Corizon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with other great staff.

Cons

Forced to work only 8 hour shifts, when other complexs are allowed 10 or 12 hr shifts. No direction with this new take over, its a "do as I say" management. There seems to be a MGAR for everything. (which causes chaos from the managment). This company is supposed to have several years of experience in dealing with prisons, if this is true, why is there so much confusion as to what needs to be done, where are all the correct documents that we need for the job? Why isnt this a smooth transition instead of one big stressfull unorganized mess?

Advice to Management

Have a trasnsiton staff member assinged to the unit. That person needs to be availabe for the first 48-72 shift hours, so that we can be monitored and so that we can ask what is correct way to do things, verses finding out through an MGAR.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Lansing, MI

I worked at Corizon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of jobs satisfaction - really enjoyed working with the inmates. It was challenging and rewarding.

Cons

It's pretty obvious that, particularly midlevel providers, are just bricks in the wall. There is no effort at retention, and the attitude seems very "just do I say." Got asked my opinion a few times, and then it was very clear that I should keep all new ideas to myself. It really was a shame; I loved the work!

Advice to Management

Correctional medicine is challenging work. The pay is about 20% less than other positions locally, but people are willing to do it if treated as valued team members.