Corizon

There are newer employer reviews for Corizon

Great until the CMS merger/acquisition

Former Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Corizon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome exposure to a unique industry

Cons

The CMS way of doing business is becoming the standard in the new company, Corizon.

Go back to the old PHS way of running things at the site level

72 Other Employee Reviews for Corizon (View Most Recent)

Lots of exposure and internal opportunities

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Corizon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great and the pay is competitive. I get exposure to every department. There are tons of people there that will help you develop your skills. Sr management does a wonderful job keeping everyone informed. I'm pleased to work here.

Cons

There was a merger in June of 2011. There are still a few "bad apples" left that refuse to embrace the change. They can be incredibly frustrating at times, but those who refuse to adapt keep slowly disappearing. If they aren't in line with the new vision then they will be replaced when appropriate....as I have already seen this happen. It's a good thing though. To everyone else they just seem lazy, unhappy, and entitled. It's a good thing that they leave in the end.

Encourage your staff to place weight on new candidates' potential. Often times inexperienced professionals get turned away, but there are so many eager people who are willing to learn and will become superb performers and HUGE assets to our team. Sometimes they're better hires than experienced professionals who are set in their ways.

Not the same

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Corizon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

When PHS was PHS they were great, when they FIRST merged with CMS they were great, they lost the contract at the prison I worked and won it back 18 months later...wish they hadn't. They no longer care about the individual nurses, just their bottom line. Upper management out of touch, trying to hire at a bargain so they only get new nurses and burnouts. Not a safe environment in a prison for sure.

STOP underbidding to win contracts so that you can provide proper care and equipment to your nurses

There are newer employer reviews for Corizon