Corizon

www.corizonhealth.com
  www.corizonhealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Corizon

Probably depends on what state and in what capacity you work for them

I worked at Corizon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

they do know their stuff regarding correctional medicine, pay is reasonable, my administrative job allowed me some flexibility in scheduling which was nice

Cons

Upper management does not always understand the importance of safety and quality initiatives; they want to control costs, but have no idea how to do case by case UM; central office unwilling to share info with regional office.

Need to include regional offices including staff and physicians, in corporate decision making.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Corizon (View Most Recent)

Great until the CMS merger/acquisition

Former Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Corizon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome exposure to a unique industry

Cons

The CMS way of doing business is becoming the standard in the new company, Corizon.

Go back to the old PHS way of running things at the site level

Lots of exposure and internal opportunities

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Corizon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great and the pay is competitive. I get exposure to every department. There are tons of people there that will help you develop your skills. Sr management does a wonderful job keeping everyone informed. I'm pleased to work here.

Cons

There was a merger in June of 2011. There are still a few "bad apples" left that refuse to embrace the change. They can be incredibly frustrating at times, but those who refuse to adapt keep slowly disappearing. If they aren't in line with the new vision then they will be replaced when appropriate....as I have already seen this happen. It's a good thing though. To everyone else they just seem lazy, unhappy, and entitled. It's a good thing that they leave in the end.

Encourage your staff to place weight on new candidates' potential. Often times inexperienced professionals get turned away, but there are so many eager people who are willing to learn and will become superb performers and HUGE assets to our team. Sometimes they're better hires than experienced professionals who are set in their ways.

There are newer employer reviews for Corizon