Cornell University
careers.hr.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 5000+ Employees

Great atmosphere

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cornell University

ProsGood Atmosphere, good attitude. Great leadership. Good wages and benefits. Personal development is always welcomed, with opportunities for degree programs and workshops.

ConsVery bureaucratic, fast-paced dynamic environment. No career competition in area. Reorganizing is constant, resulting in frequent changes in department, job titles, bosses, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your empoloyee's workload in mind when assigning additional duties. Stop reorganizing every 6 months. Throw more department lunches, celebrations, etc.

Working a Cornell has taught me a lot with customer service and working within a big organization

Student Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cornell University

Pros: Great people to work with and opportunity to move around Cons: Large Organization that is managing a lot of employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Progressive Science, Great People, Not free of typical academia drawbacks

Research Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Cornell University

Pros: -Small town feel of Ithaca -Fantastic science, cutting edge, opportunity to be involved… Cons: -Pay can be bleak, pay raises minimal -Parking is difficult and costly, for those who don't live close… Advice to Senior Management: Consider sliding scale parking based on employees salary! The bus… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cornell University.

Worked for Cornell University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cornell University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cornell University CEO David J. Skorton. All reviews posted anonymously by Cornell University employees.