Cornell University
www.hr.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 5000+ Employees

Teaching assistantship was fun but took up too much time

Teaching Assistant (Former Employee)
Ithaca, NY

ProsIt was a lot of fun to interact with intelligent and inquisitive students. Always enjoyed the challenge of presenting new ideas and concepts to students.

ConsPrep work, grading, meetings take up a lot of time - perhaps more hires will make this process easier. Also, it would help to get more specialized graders so that teaching assistants can concentrate on best presenting the material.

Very good experience for undergrad

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee)
    Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Cornell University part-time for more than a year

Pros: Its a good way for undergraduate to gain experience when they… Cons: You have to work at least 5 hours per week and during assignments… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

undegrad

I have been working at Cornell University

Pros: life is amazing here. People are really smart and easy… Cons: Sometimes the workload is too heavy More
There are newer reviews on Cornell University.

Worked for Cornell University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cornell University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cornell University CEO David J. Skorton. All reviews posted anonymously by Cornell University employees.