Cornell University
careers.hr.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 5000+ Employees

Satisfied with the Cornell Community, Administration could do more for grad students

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee)
Ithaca, NY

I worked at Cornell University for more than 5 years

ProsGreat please to spend several years of your life. Access to great facilities, libraries. Fun town, campus.

ConsLike many universities, Cornell needs to figure out what to do with its PhD. It can't keep training them for lives with academia. Better career development is necessary. More resources to facilitate efficient and rapid completion of dissertation and degree requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to think big and take leadership in the changing role of higher education.

Great

I have been working at Cornell University

Pros: Good study environment. I really enjoyed it. Cons: Cold and very isolating. Hard to get only, More

Cornell University Library Student Programmer

Student Programmer (Current Employee)
Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Cornell University part-time for more than a year

Pros: I really enjoyed my time at the Cornell university library. I got to work with great people… Cons: The library is very old school and resistant to change. It's hard to get some people to see the new and better ways of doing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cornell University.

Worked for Cornell University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cornell University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cornell University CEO David J. Skorton. All reviews posted anonymously by Cornell University employees.