Cornell University

www.hr.cornell.edu
  www.hr.cornell.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Cornell University

I felt I was able to find a work-life balance here.

Current Employee - Research Support Specialist in Ithaca, NY
Current Employee - Research Support Specialist in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Cornell University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Diverse workforce, great learning opportunities, supportive of families, wonderful parental leave policy, wonderful childcare grants, really nice amounts of vacation time.

Cons

While this is a complaint I have had about other universities at which I have worked, I find it disagreeable that when living in a largely rural environment that I should have to pay ever greater amounts of post-tax money to park at work. If this were not enough, it is my understanding the the university's policy is actually to REDUCE the number of parking spots over the future. Finding it unconscionable to put this financial burden on the employee, I would park off campus and walk a half-mile to my building. This made my 7 mile commute a 40-50 minute trip each way.

386 Other Employee Reviews for Cornell University (View Most Recent)

College of Engineering Marketing and Communications Internship Review

Former Employee - College of Engineering Marketing and Communications Intern in Ithaca, NY

I worked at Cornell University as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Work environment is very friendly and encouraging. Other employees are more than willing to help out and the work itself was satisfying. The pay was good considering the relaxed work schedule and job tasks.

Cons

At times I felt that one of the projects I was working on had potential to be very helpful for marketing the college's strong suits that it was out of my skill set as a new intern. This was confirmed when the project was redone by a professonal

Continue to be encouraging and helpful.

Cutting edge research institution, satisfaction will vary depending on your boss, obviously.

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Associate in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Associate in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Cornell University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Depends greatly on the lab that your research takes place in, My first was a disaster, but not the university's fault. My second has been great.

Cons

Same as above, depends on boss or PI

Your management will be your PI.

There are newer employer reviews for Cornell University