Cornell University

There are newer employer reviews for Cornell University

It's okay

Former Contractor - Software Developer in Ithaca, NY
Former Contractor - Software Developer in Ithaca, NY

I worked at Cornell University as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

the campus is really pretty

Cons

you must summon up the resolve every morning to take your place as the cog in the machine. most people mentally checked out about a week after they started.

424 Other Employee Reviews for Cornell University (View Most Recent)

Great learning experience, but difficult management

Former Employee - Project Specialist for Outreach and Communication in Ithaca, NY

I worked at Cornell University part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great connection to Cornell University and the opportunity to work with faculty to improve the educational strategies for the entire campus. Great location on campus.

Cons

Salary was terrible, no benefits available. There is nowhere in the building to have lunch with coworkers. Everyone just eats in their cubicles. Leadership was lacking and quite erratic. The organization strategies are behind closed doors and there is very little long term planning.

Very poor management in almost every department, the university has a constant struggle with diversity the staff dept.

I have been working at Cornell University

Pros

If you can find a job in the right department with good people you're set for life.

Cons

I've been completely railroaded by my ex manager because he lacks the ability to deal with conflict in the work place and he was subsequently was removed. An ex coworker of mine told me to kiss his white A@# and when I informed my then manager, he laughed. Had I told someone to kiss my black A@# I'm sure the outcome would've been different. HR did nothing about my complaint.

Instead of talking about diversity live it, I have been one of maybe 3 african americans in a group that comprises of more than 300 people for the past 6 years and I've had to do nothing but fight for my job because of people hiding behind veiled racism.

There are newer employer reviews for Cornell University