Corner Bakery Cafe

www.cornerbakerycafe.com

Everything is going downhill, FAST

ProsMy store was just opening when I was hired, so I felt really comfortable starting here. Training was a lot of fun, the energy that was felt in the first few weeks was great. The food is amazing, and co-workers are fun and easygoing for the most part. When it's slow it can be very laid-back. Management is very supportive.

ConsAfter training ended, the energy completely shifted. I started out as a server, and even in the beginning I felt that what was being asked of me was more than one person could handle: having to serve a full dining room, bus tables, and deal with customers is too much work for even two or three servers. I soon was cross-trained to cash, but this just gave them an excuse to make me do triple the work I was originally doing. Plus, the way that people are scheduled is strange. At times we are so short-staff that I am forced to work cash, expo, and serving all at the same time. Very stressful. And don't even get me started on weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake "Service Attendant" and "Dining Room" two separate positions.

cashier

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Corner Bakery Cafe

Pros: the food was good, and i enjoyed the regulars that… Cons: management needs to be consistent Advice to Senior Management: prioritize More

Try to sign on as anything BUT a server

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Corner Bakery Cafe part-time

Pros: Good atmosphere and fun if you have the right coworkers.… Cons: -You'll be worked to the bone and under-appreciated. As a server you have more closing tasks than anybody else yet you aren't taken as seriously… Advice to Senior Management: -Practice what you preach. A manager who tells you to treat guests with upmost kindness and care is hard to take seriously when they aren't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Corner Bakery Cafe.

Worked for Corner Bakery Cafe? Contribute to the Community!