Everything is going downhill, FAST

I have been working at Corner Bakery Cafe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My store was just opening when I was hired, so I felt really comfortable starting here. Training was a lot of fun, the energy that was felt in the first few weeks was great. The food is amazing, and co-workers are fun and easygoing for the most part. When it's slow it can be very laid-back. Management is very supportive.

Cons

After training ended, the energy completely shifted. I started out as a server, and even in the beginning I felt that what was being asked of me was more than one person could handle: having to serve a full dining room, bus tables, and deal with customers is too much work for even two or three servers. I soon was cross-trained to cash, but this just gave them an excuse to make me do triple the work I was originally doing. Plus, the way that people are scheduled is strange. At times we are so short-staff that I am forced to work cash, expo, and serving all at the same time. Very stressful. And don't even get me started on weekends.

Advice to Management

Make "Service Attendant" and "Dining Room" two separate positions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

very worth while

I have been working at Corner Bakery Cafe

Pros

very good working environment, very good people like the atmosphere

Cons

not enough manpower, we basically have to do almost everything, baking, selling, cleaning, waitering, serving,

Advice to Management

more manpower please

2. oh god get me out.

Current Employee - FOH Staff
    Current Employee - FOH Staff

I have been working at Corner Bakery Cafe

Pros

well, there really aren't a lot of pros at all but: -easy to get hired -awesome food discounts -smells good -uniform isn't awful. -time goes fast because everyone is dreading their closing tasks

Cons

-extremely long hours -condescending managers and coworkers -wayyy too understaffed and overworked employees -far too much work for a minimum wage job -three days of training... really? -rude and insulting coworkers who are super cocky -way. too. many. tasks. you will be worked to the bone. -mngmt expects way too much.

Advice to Management

this is a minimum wage job, and we work like robotic slaves. put more people on, and give us some respect.