Corner Bakery Cafe

www.cornerbakerycafe.com
  www.cornerbakerycafe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Corner Bakery Cafe

Be prepared for slave work conditions

Former Employee - Cashier/Shift Supervisor in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Cashier/Shift Supervisor in Denver, CO

I worked at Corner Bakery Cafe

Pros

Honestly, I can only think of a few things on why it was great to work here and those consisted of the few good people that stuck around in that environment with me. My immediate boss was great as well as a few select others.

Cons

Will work you to death. 50 hours a week. I did nothing else but catch up on sleep when not working. Crazy hectic place. Every employee had to do what in reality two people should be doing. Customers are just so rude. The way the restaurant is set up means you do a lot to get the food out, but you never get tipped. Senior management lost their brains, put on a facade when it came to caring about your "well being". making money was top concern. too bad they didn't know how to make a long term profit. wages were little for how much work you actually did, and I make that statement from management all the way down to the dishwashers. SAD.

Senior Management needs to stop micromanaging and let the Daily Management Staff do their job!

61 Other Employee Reviews for Corner Bakery Cafe (View Most Recent)

Great Atmosphere and Enjoyable

Current Employee - Expo Station in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Expo Station in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Corner Bakery Cafe

Pros

Encouragement from management, good team environment, fun, busy, corporate structure keeps stress level low for hourly employees, good retention with many employees having worked for cbc for 10 years +, management understanding about family and life outside of work. upward mobility encouraged

Cons

if you need hours, you should have another job or own a direct marketing business due to fact that hours are cut when business is slow (although I like this factor).

Leadership is great, and your positive feedback is appreciated. Awesome work environment!

Worst Job

I have been working at Corner Bakery Cafe part-time

Pros

Some Customers are friendly where i work.

Cons

Co-workers have drama, too much work for little pay, food way too over priced for how much they spend to make it.

There are newer employer reviews for Corner Bakery Cafe