Slave Labor

Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Cashier in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Corner Bakery Cafe

Pros

Emloyees where great (at times)

Cons

Customers are rude No breaks Management doesn't listen Personal insults Gossip Horrible Pay I was told that work would not interfer with my school... After my first week I was scheduled 6 days a week closing most nights even though I had school at 7:30 am

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees give breaks learn how to schedule

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good People to work with

Former Employee - Server in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Server in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Corner Bakery Cafe

Pros

Good opportunity for increasing people skills etc. learning to get thins done.

Cons

Pay is not very good, Management is cocky sometimes.

Advice to Management

Instead of always asking servers to do tasks, help out at times. Especially when the managers are just standing around.

2. Be prepared for slave work conditions

Former Employee - Cashier/Shift Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Cashier/Shift Supervisor in Denver, CO

I worked at Corner Bakery Cafe

Pros

Honestly, I can only think of a few things on why it was great to work here and those consisted of the few good people that stuck around in that environment with me. My immediate boss was great as well as a few select others.

Cons

Will work you to death. 50 hours a week. I did nothing else but catch up on sleep when not working. Crazy hectic place. Every employee had to do what in reality two people should be doing. Customers are just so rude. The way the restaurant is set up means you do a lot to get the food out, but you never get tipped. Senior management lost their brains, put on a facade when it came to caring about your "well being". making money was top concern. too bad they didn't know how to make a long term profit. wages were little for how much work you actually did, and I make that statement from management all the way down to the dishwashers. SAD.

Advice to Management

Senior Management needs to stop micromanaging and let the Daily Management Staff do their job!