a comfortable environment to work in

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cornerstone Healthcare Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

all healthcare departments are available for patient care; nursing, respiratory, rehab, case management, quality control...

Cons

too much paperwork. Not computerised yet

offer more bonuses to motivate employees

Other Reviews for Cornerstone Healthcare Group

Best employer I ever had. Total integrity at the Houston hospitals.

Former Employee - Clinical Liaison  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Liaison in Houston, TX

I worked at Cornerstone Healthcare Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Medical outcomes and patient treatment first quality with the administration.

Cons

None. It's a good fit only if you care about healthcare. If you are looking for a place to dleep, I wouldn't recommend it.

Continue building your leadership, you are doing a great job.

There's Something Systemically Wrong

Former Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Cornerstone Healthcare Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lunch once a month
    Snacks and sodas provided
    Laptops provided for some positions to make it easier to work from home after hours

Cons

The open office environment set up, especially in departments that need quiet in order to get their work done
    The accounting & facility software
    Management
    Benefits are expensive & only one health plan available
    PTO is minimal
    Paid holidays are bare minimum
    401k match is promised but you may or may not ever actually get it since you're not given a time for when the match will be given. The first time I heard about it when starting in 2013 was that folks who were promised a match in 2012 were just being told they'd receive it in April 2013. That's not standard practice.
    Working from home is possible but not allowed unless an emergency except for certain privileged people or positions
    The IT department is the worse I've ever encountered in a corporation!
    You can't trust anyone in management, especially not your direct supervisor so don't tell them ANYTHING in confidence or that you wouldn't want to be repeated to upper management
    Turnover is pretty high in the accounting department with most having been there only a year or so.
    Promotion is based on seniority, management skills or lack thereof isn't important
    When I first started, I could tell the CFO really wanted to know what was wrong and wanted to make it better. The CEO couldn't care less; it's all about profitability to him. I think there's more wrong than he or anyone could fix and has been for the history of the company. LTACH is a close-knit industry and if you talk to others that work in the industry, they've either work for or with CHG at some point and have nothing but horror stories to share. I think it all started with the entire C-level group walking out and starting their own company but that's just my take but you know something is systemically wrong with a company when the upper level executives walk out en masse!

I don't know if it's possible to fix what exists now; everything needs to be scrapped and start from scratch...except the CFO who should be CEO in my opinion. And for the love of Krishna, get rid of the open office layout or add the sounds of dripping water and screaming babies to get the full effect of how productivity is going down the toilet. Get rid of the outsourced IT and bring it in-house under a qualified and experienced director. Increase the pay and give people real vacation time and not accrued PTO that takes almost a year to earn a week off and that's if you don't get sick or need to take a personal day! Promote or hire people to be in management positions who are good, trustworthy leaders with management skills and experience. And it's probably a good idea not to penalize employees for being honest but that's only to be expected from companies that value honesty to begin with.

There are newer employer reviews for Cornerstone Healthcare Group.

Worked for Cornerstone Healthcare Group? Contribute to the Community!