Good culture

Current Employee - Not Disclosing in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Not Disclosing in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best reasons would be the culture and a cool looking office.

Cons

Perks are not what they seem. Unlimited days off was a really stupid idea because managers make people feel guilty about taking a day off and there's always lots of work to do so you can never take off. Google's model for that is so much better Mr. CEO! Most companies are backing out of it for a reason.
Also, the managers were promoted here so most have very little experience managing people.
Also, work-life balance? No such thing here. You're expected to work over the weekend and have email on your personal phone.
Every day breakfasts are almost a joke because 20 minutes after they're served, they're gone. Can't you for once order enough food?
Free lunch is once a week and it's poorly organized. You have to stand in line to get it for an hour. Whoever is in charge of that, obviously has no clue how to do this.

Advice to Management

It's always bad idea to tell your employees to write a positive feedback on glassdoor so the company looks good.

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Apr 29, 2014Sr. Director of Talent

Unlimited vacation plans are very rewarding and offer the opportunity to take more time off than employees previously had access to. These plans are unique and they put the responsibility on the ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Senior Operations Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Food and snacks available.
    Benefits plan

Cons

+ NO WORK LIFE BALANCE - you come here to work even over 8 hours a day no extra pay
    + DELIVERABLES - Multi tasking work is one thing but you are given work that is normally allocated to more than 4 people at some companies
    + HR not really helpful when there's conflict with supervisors
    + The Average Pay is not enough to satisfy the work demand task

Advice to Management

EIther increase the pay or let the employee work from home. Also there are alot of managers that do not know how to manage - have them go through courses.

Exceptional forward-thinking work environment

Current Employee - Corporate Account Development in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Development in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am valued as an individual and encouraged to contribute as a thought-leader as opposed to simply being told how to do my job (which was every other job I've ever had). I own my role; expectations are set and I'm allowed to do my job with limited guidance so long as I am performing well. However, help and coaching is always available if needed or necessary. The culture here is unsurpassed and we get taken care of very well. Everyone is happy and motivated to succeed individually and for the company.

Cons

I actually enjoy a changing environment, but some may consider rapid growth and constant change to be a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to develop and shape this great culture and don't let it run astray as the company grows.

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Aug 7, 2014Sr. Director of Talent

We couldn't have said it better Forward Thinker. Thank you for the feedback and words of encouragement.