Corning

Personal Climate survey

Current Employee - Factory Worker in Corning, NY
Current Employee - Factory Worker in Corning, NY

I have been working at Corning

Pros

The company continues to spend money on research and developement to insure future success

Cons

As a lowest level worker with many years at the company, I don't think my ideas and experience is utilized to benefit the success of the company as well as it could be and has in the past.

Do more promotion to work up positions from within the plant . These people have more ownership than those that only expect to be in a position less that two years.

187 Other Employee Reviews for Corning (View Most Recent)

Cutting edge research in a small town environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corning, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corning, NY

I have been working at Corning

Pros

Corning values innovation which makes it an interesting place to work, there's always something new. Corning benefits are at least competitive with other companies. If you like a small town/rural environment, Corning is a nice place to be.

Cons

If you do not like living in a small town/rural environment, Corning can be a tough place. Like many other companies, advancement at Corning seems to depend at least as much on politics as it does on achievement. Corning's emphasis on diversity seems at times to lead it to advance people before they are ready.

Stop trying to be recognized for how "diverse" and "tolerant" you are and try developing a culture that isn't quite so polite and is more willing to question things.

Good company, poor location.

Former Employee - Intern in Corning, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Corning, NY

I worked at Corning

Pros

Corning treats their employees well. The pace of work is more relaxed than at other companies, and work/life balance was terrific. From my experience and from what I have heard around the company, Corning genuinely treats their employees well.

Cons

Corning, NY isn't exactly the most exciting place to be. If you're not into the outdoors, there isn't much to do. The town may be a great place to raise a family, but it's tough for singles looking to meet someone.

The recruiting program needs some revamping. There is no formal recruiting process for universities, and leadership programs for college grads are a bit lacking.

There are newer employer reviews for Corning