Corning
www.corning.com Corning, NY 5000+ Employees

Wish I still worked there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Kennebunk, ME

ProsGroup management was quite good. While human , they tried to strike a balance between company needs and employee needs. Group dynamics were very well managed and I really felt to be part of the team even as a contract worker.

ConsHr needs some work but to be fair so do most big companies. Although there were some shady goings on, I can also say I always felt safe to speak my mind. As is the case in most companies currently there is a perception that employees are interchangeable so a new one at lower pay is always as good as the current one if they have same qualifications. What isn't taken into consideration is the amount of efficiency gained while working there. As a result the individual group managers take a performance hit when people are replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let accountants run your company, while giving group managers more hiring power may slightly increase payroll , the gain in productivity will be well worth it.

Value-adding employees not recognized

Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Concord, NC

I worked at Corning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits. Used to be VERY good, but they have shrunk over the last few… Cons: Corning wants "The Best", but they are only willing to pay the average for your service. Merit increases are very poor (1-2%, lower than… Advice to Senior Management: When a good employee disagrees with you on a major problem and is proven to actually be correct, it's not "living the Corning values"… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Drone's working for higher income to stakeholders

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Wilmington, NC

I worked at Corning

Pros: There are many "give away gifts" - Overall, events-driven company. Opportunity… Cons: Management - Us against Them. Work/Life Balance is terrible - 24/7… Advice to Senior Management: Management - do not have all the answers.....give production employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Corning.

Worked for Corning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corning reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corning CEO Wendell P. Weeks. All reviews posted anonymously by Corning employees.