Wish I still worked there

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennebunk, ME
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennebunk, ME

I worked at Corning as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Group management was quite good. While human , they tried to strike a balance between company needs and employee needs. Group dynamics were very well managed and I really felt to be part of the team even as a contract worker.

Cons

Hr needs some work but to be fair so do most big companies. Although there were some shady goings on, I can also say I always felt safe to speak my mind. As is the case in most companies currently there is a perception that employees are interchangeable so a new one at lower pay is always as good as the current one if they have same qualifications. What isn't taken into consideration is the amount of efficiency gained while working there. As a result the individual group managers take a performance hit when people are replaced.

Don't let accountants run your company, while giving group managers more hiring power may slightly increase payroll , the gain in productivity will be well worth it.

Other Reviews for Corning

Drone's working for higher income to stakeholders

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Corning

Pros

There are many "give away gifts" - Overall, events-driven company. Opportunity to become involved in corporate challenge (etc.)
    Benefits are good compared to other companies.

Cons

Management - Us against Them.
    Work/Life Balance is terrible - 24/7 plant so shifting from day to night shift is difficult.

Management - do not have all the answers.....give production employees an opportunity to have input.

poor poor managment

Current Employee - Fiber Maker  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Fiber Maker in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Corning

Pros

speacilty products keep the doors open, good benifits

Cons

no leadership,no management oversite,middle managment inept,good employees abused / run off,nepotism and chronism is rampant flagrant.

Cut salared people by 50%or more,make a who is related to who chart,get rid of old guard

There are newer employer reviews for Corning.

Worked for Corning? Contribute to the Community!