Corning

www.corning.com

Have Learned a Lot, But It's Starting to Feel Less Exciting

ProsGreat opportunities for lateral growth into multiple aspects of the business. Reasonably good benefits (but not as good as they used to be). The people you work with are among some of the greatest people you'll ever work with - Corning generally hires as much for culture fit as for experience/skill set.

ConsLack of consistency on benefits between facilities in the same country. Corporate is starting to seem really removed from the businesses they think they "run". No longer understand that the businesses "hunt" and corporate "eats."

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to fit every business to a single model. You can't have a diverse, cash-rich portfolio while trying to force those diverse businesses into a rigid clone of the other businesses.

Typical plant operation

Summer Intern (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at Corning full-time for less than a year

Pros: Structured. Going to morning meeting everyday. Working environment very friendly.… Cons: Not very interesting assignments but it did help you to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Conmpany

ATE Team Leader (Current Employee) Tel Aviv (Israel)

I have been working at Corning full-time for more than a year

Pros: Many benefits and encouragement plans for good workers. Many special courses and things to learn. A very stable work place. Corning… Cons: There is some bureaucracy in the company that I would be happy to avoid.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Corning.

Worked for Corning? Contribute to the Community!