Corning
www.corning.com Corning, NY 5000+ Employees

good to have some industry experience for a beginner, but after that, better leave this small town

Research Scientist (Former Employee)
Corning, NY

Prosgood health benefit, good for new graduate to have some industry experience, after that, it's such a small town without any other opportunities.

Conslack of career growth, upper management is not willing to invest time and efforts in your professional growth. Not willing to provide trainings to expand your skillsets. No clear picture of where division go. If economy is not good, individual contributors are first ones to let-go, not decision-maker !

Advice to Senior Managementshould have a clear picture where division goes and what they do, do not wait around expect magic happens to research and make money. research and business is somewhat disconnected, you should let business drives research not research drives business. Individual contributors are ones who should be valued, often times, decision makers are ones who made the wrong decision of doing which projects, that were not making money for company. No clear sense of planning in research. please put the right leader (who have knowledge and quality) in the right place.

Constant 'head banging' battle!

Project/Process Tech (Former Employee)
    Painted Post, NY

I worked at Corning full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Pay scale, compensation and benefits are excellent. Cons: Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Too many middle managers along with top… Advice to Senior Management: Remember the core values you tell all incoming employees about during their orientation periods. Many 'managers' and 'department heads' tend to forget them. The most… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent management

Statistical Engineering (Former Employee)
    Corning, NY

I worked at Corning as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Wonderful work-culture. Very satisfying experience. Excellent diversity. Cons: A little remote-location but the surroundings in the upstate area… Advice to Senior Management: None really. I love you guys! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Corning.

Worked for Corning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corning reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corning CEO Wendell P. Weeks. All reviews posted anonymously by Corning employees.