Corning

www.corning.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Corning

Corning great place to work but, has pitfallsx

Current Employee - Computer Systems Engineer in Wilmington, NC
Current Employee - Computer Systems Engineer in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Corning

Pros

Scientifically top of industry. Corning will train employees fully in their jobs. They are great about time off when needed and have a nice goal sharing plan. Their health and dental insurance are good, vision not so much. Their 4012K and pension packages are also nice. Corning has a complete New Employee Orientation that takes a couple of weeks to complete and is full time, even if you are transferring to a new position you are required to go through NEO. Also if you are hired and need an updated techinical skill they will make sure you get that training.

Cons

In the IT department women don't advance. All of middle and top management is men. I have also yet to have any career counseling from my supervisor I had to go outside my department. Also pretty sure that inside the IT department women and men aren't paid the same. I believe that on an average the men make more money then the women, and are promoted at a higher rate. Not sure about the other departments or at the corporate level but, it is definetly happening in IT on a plant level. The band level of employees is not clear also.

Promote women inside IT and choose supervisiors on people and technical skills. Also there should be a set standard in hiring, if someone has been working in a field for a certain amount of time they should be hired in at the same level as someone else. Women and men should be treated equally.

210 Other Employee Reviews for Corning (View Most Recent)

Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Intern in Pune (India)

I worked at Corning

Pros

I have done research on Advanced Flow reactor and all the required equipments and material were provided.

Cons

Work pressure is more in the industry.

More number of interns from different colleges should be selected for better interaction and sharing of knowledge.

Nice friendly environment

Current Employee - Engineer in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Corning full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible time and easy going.

Cons

No room for development. Future looking very dim

Stop being selfish and let your subordinate improve

There are newer employer reviews for Corning