Corning
www.corning.com Corning, NY 5000+ Employees

Good company, poor location.

Intern (Former Employee)
Corning, NY

ProsCorning treats their employees well. The pace of work is more relaxed than at other companies, and work/life balance was terrific. From my experience and from what I have heard around the company, Corning genuinely treats their employees well.

ConsCorning, NY isn't exactly the most exciting place to be. If you're not into the outdoors, there isn't much to do. The town may be a great place to raise a family, but it's tough for singles looking to meet someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recruiting program needs some revamping. There is no formal recruiting process for universities, and leadership programs for college grads are a bit lacking.

Proud to work for Corning

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Corning

Pros: Work/Life Balance - time off for appointments, family issues, etc. Goalsharing - annual compensation based on goals met Salaries in line with comparable jobs in area -… Cons: Not as much chance for advancement as I would like. Often candidates are… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Cutting edge research in a small town environment

I have been working at Corning

Pros: Corning values innovation which makes it an interesting place to work, there's always something new. Corning benefits are at… Cons: If you do not like living in a small town/rural environment, Corning can be a tough place. Like many other companies, advancement at Corning… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to be recognized for how "diverse" and "tolerant" you are and try… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Corning.

Worked for Corning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corning reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corning CEO Wendell P. Weeks. All reviews posted anonymously by Corning employees.