There are newer employer reviews for Corning

Cutting edge research in a small town environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Corning, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corning, NY

I have been working at Corning

Pros

Corning values innovation which makes it an interesting place to work, there's always something new. Corning benefits are at least competitive with other companies. If you like a small town/rural environment, Corning is a nice place to be.

Cons

If you do not like living in a small town/rural environment, Corning can be a tough place. Like many other companies, advancement at Corning seems to depend at least as much on politics as it does on achievement. Corning's emphasis on diversity seems at times to lead it to advance people before they are ready.

Stop trying to be recognized for how "diverse" and "tolerant" you are and try developing a culture that isn't quite so polite and is more willing to question things.

171 Other Employee Reviews for Corning (View Most Recent)

Corning great place to work but, has pitfallsx

Current Employee - Computer Systems Engineer  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Computer Systems Engineer in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Corning

Pros

Scientifically top of industry. Corning will train employees fully in their jobs. They are great about time off when needed and have a nice goal sharing plan. Their health and dental insurance are good, vision not so much. Their 4012K and pension packages are also nice. Corning has a complete New Employee Orientation that takes a couple of weeks to complete and is full time, even if you are transferring to a new position you are required to go through NEO. Also if you are hired and need an updated techinical skill they will make sure you get that training.

Cons

In the IT department women don't advance. All of middle and top management is men. I have also yet to have any career counseling from my supervisor I had to go outside my department. Also pretty sure that inside the IT department women and men aren't paid the same. I believe that on an average the men make more money then the women, and are promoted at a higher rate. Not sure about the other departments or at the corporate level but, it is definetly happening in IT on a plant level. The band level of employees is not clear also.

Promote women inside IT and choose supervisiors on people and technical skills. Also there should be a set standard in hiring, if someone has been working in a field for a certain amount of time they should be hired in at the same level as someone else. Women and men should be treated equally.

Project Leader

Former Employee - Project Leader
    Former Employee - Project Leader

I worked at Corning as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay and benefit, friendly environment to work

Cons

Too politics to work and no life due too many non-efficient work and meeting.

Want to make a example in Asia? be careful to choose.

There are newer employer reviews for Corning

Worked for Corning? Contribute to the Community!