Corning

www.corning.com

Good Place to work, but with some flaws

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Corning, NY

ProsCompensation was ok, annual merit increases were generally along inflationary lines, and goalsharing bonus in Feb. was nice. Informal technical training sessions were frequent at Sullivan Park, which were really nice to attend. Corporate technical library is second-to-none!

ConsGroups sometimes operate in "silos" and moving from one group to another (or worse another division) was difficult. Long hours at times depending on projects without much recognition afterwards for the sacrifice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop management is doing the right thing, but middle management should keep employee's career development and promotion paths more in focus.

Not a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Corning, NY

I have been working at Corning

Pros: Small town culture if you like associating with narrow minded… Cons: people at the whole company are very conservative. it is not a good place to work for a motivated, innovative professional. They care more of… Advice to Senior Management: Foster an inclusive, open-minded, progressive culture. Move away from this… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Like everywhere else favoritism has developed and matured.

Scientist (Current Employee) Corning, NY

I have been working at Corning

Pros: Salaries and benefits are OK. Once in a while you… Cons: If you are not a minority of some kind, your professional growth will be… Advice to Senior Management: Your diversity programs are only working for African American and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Corning.

Worked for Corning? Contribute to the Community!