CSC Treats Employees Well

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Corporation Service Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most in leadership have come up through the ranks and truly understand our business. CSC offers competitive benefits. Ideas and input are valued.

Cons

Our business, by it's very nature, mostly doesn't lend itself to more creative work schedules such as 4 ten hour work days.

Advice to Management

In general, Lands End career wear doesn't hold up as well as our prior apparel provider.

reviews filtered by
  1. Still love coming to work!

Current Employee - Service Leader
    Current Employee - Service Leader

Pros

I have always been a "why" person, and CSC embraces the need to challenge the status quo. They not only say - they believe - that the person doing the job is in the best position to know how to do it better. It's a company where the newest employee has the ability to make a big difference. We celebrate wins together and we work together to solve problems. I can say without hesitation that I truly enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Working now to consolidate multiple computer systems obtained through acquisitions. In the interim, this poses challenges.

Overall Inconsistency

I have been working at Corporation Service Company

Pros

Rank and file employees are very nice.

Cons

The overwhelming majority of company management adheres to the principles of micromanagement. It's very difficult to be creative at CSC because creativity is snuffed-out time-and-time again by the inherently controlling nature of management. Management talks-the-talk regarding the "We're a team" approach, but seldom ever walks-the-walk.

Advice to Management

Give your employees some independence and breathing room while working on projects. After all, nobody likes working for control freaks. And don't be fearful that others may receive occasional credit for a job well done. If "teamwork" is truly the ultimate goal, then you're also succeeding in your job and fostering excellence (remember that you're also a member of "the team"). Embrace it... don't suppress it.