Corporation Service Company

There are newer employer reviews for Corporation Service Company

CSC Treats Employees Well

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Corporation Service Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most in leadership have come up through the ranks and truly understand our business. CSC offers competitive benefits. Ideas and input are valued.

Cons

Our business, by it's very nature, mostly doesn't lend itself to more creative work schedules such as 4 ten hour work days.

In general, Lands End career wear doesn't hold up as well as our prior apparel provider.

120 Other Employee Reviews for Corporation Service Company (View Most Recent)

Still love coming to work!

Current Employee - Service Leader
    Current Employee - Service Leader

Pros

I have always been a "why" person, and CSC embraces the need to challenge the status quo. They not only say - they believe - that the person doing the job is in the best position to know how to do it better. It's a company where the newest employee has the ability to make a big difference. We celebrate wins together and we work together to solve problems. I can say without hesitation that I truly enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Working now to consolidate multiple computer systems obtained through acquisitions. In the interim, this poses challenges.

Often bored, never challenged, no growth opportunity, low pay

I worked at Corporation Service Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits, PTO plan were pretty solid. Some of the people are very nice. Not a stressful place to work.

Cons

This was my first job out of college. In a tough job market, this was my only job offer. Little did I know that I was obscenely overqualified. I mastered my responsibilities in a few weeks, yet the company was very slow to give me any real work. There were days when I did literally no work at all.

If you are not in the main Wilmington office, there is very little growth potential. The salary was low- I was able to double my salary at my second job. Some people are very unpleasant to deal with, and seem to think that the work is the most important thing in the world. It's not-it's a lot of simple crap. People are constantly copying managers on emails trying to pass the buck, cover their own asses.

While the company PTO plan is pretty good, don't even think about taking time off during the winter holidays. You get Christmas and New Year's Day off- that's it. I had two weeks of PTO saved up and was only able to scrape a day to go home. Apparently it is the "busy season" at the end of the year, but really there was no difference in workload. A lot of the benefits perks like 401k contributions and shadow stock don't kick in for many years, up to six years to get full benefit, which is an awfully long time.

There are newer employer reviews for Corporation Service Company