There are newer employer reviews for Correctional Medical Services

You will need to be tough skinned, alert, aggressive, quick thinker, confident and careful, studious.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Charleston, MO
Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Charleston, MO

Pros

Pay is good, shifts flexible, overtime pay is good, staff is effecient, training for new positions needs improvement, computer skills, insurance is good.

Cons

Inmates call personnell names, you see very personal and ilicit behaviours, staffing can be competitive, dangerous environment.

Advice to Management

Better training for new employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Correctional Medical Services

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - IT Department in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - IT Department in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The Technology is decent. If you are lucky, your direct report might be a great person. My manager let me do my job and didn't micromanage. There are some good people in the company. My manager was very flexible on working hours.

Cons

Worst company I have ever worked for. Internal personal opinions instead of performance based. Unintelligent upper management (director level.) If you cross one of the "good ole boys" you can plan on being let go for any random reason; or simply "other" The good employees in the company are generally treated poorly and looking for ways out. Turnover is heavy.

Advice to Management

It's unbelievable that this company is profitable at all. Let the experts (worker bees) do their jobs and count on them for purchasing opinions, and don't let management make hire/fire decisions based on personal opinions. I have nothing good to say about CMS and recommend only taking this if it is temporary.

Lowest Pay in the Industry

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Captive audience, where else are they going to go? Lazy folks love it here, no one cares.

Cons

Not able to recruit decent help due to lowest pay scale in healthcare industry.Gets employees no one else will hire.

Advice to Management

You are top heavy with no clue of what really goes on. No wage increases since 2006.