There are newer employer reviews for Correctional Medical Services

Beware the stealthy pink slip

Current Employee - IT Support  in  Creve Coeur, MO
Current Employee - IT Support in Creve Coeur, MO

I have been working at Correctional Medical Services

Pros

There was a decent variety of work, as well as some occasional travel (usually voluntary). People are generally very nice, but can be a little "clicky" in an office of ~400. Business casual environment with a pretty laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Evil company that couldn't care less about its people (although they fake it well). Lay-offs each of the nearly 10 years I worked there. Not once did they rehire people laid off in the fall back in the spring when they would hire replacements. These usually take place in September. I made the mistake of thinking I survived to live another year, only to get axed two days before Christmas (a few hours before we closed for the holiday, actually). They fired the VP of my department, then used his office to ****can another two dozen of us. I had no clue until I walked in to fix a problem for the VP who was already gone. They often let go of some of the best people (who were often paid for their talent), then those upstairs would get a health bonus.

Grab a clue and realize who is really making the company successful. So then some loyalty and quit being so greedy. I won't point fingers to specific people but they know who they are. Quit passing off cheap gifts as a "than you" and start rewarding people with a bonus check or a decent raise. No one wants a candy bar or a restricted movie ticket.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Correctional Medical Services (View Most Recent)

You will need to be tough skinned, alert, aggressive, quick thinker, confident and careful, studious.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)  in  Charleston, MO
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Charleston, MO

I worked at Correctional Medical Services

Pros

Pay is good, shifts flexible, overtime pay is good, staff is effecient, training for new positions needs improvement, computer skills, insurance is good.

Cons

Inmates call personnell names, you see very personal and ilicit behaviours, staffing can be competitive, dangerous environment.

Better training for new employees.

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - IT Department  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - IT Department in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Correctional Medical Services

Pros

The Technology is decent. If you are lucky, your direct report might be a great person. My manager let me do my job and didn't micromanage. There are some good people in the company. My manager was very flexible on working hours.

Cons

Worst company I have ever worked for. Internal personal opinions instead of performance based. Unintelligent upper management (director level.) If you cross one of the "good ole boys" you can plan on being let go for any random reason; or simply "other" The good employees in the company are generally treated poorly and looking for ways out. Turnover is heavy.

It's unbelievable that this company is profitable at all. Let the experts (worker bees) do their jobs and count on them for purchasing opinions, and don't let management make hire/fire decisions based on personal opinions. I have nothing good to say about CMS and recommend only taking this if it is temporary.

There are newer employer reviews for Correctional Medical Services

Worked for Correctional Medical Services? Contribute to the Community!