Correctional Medical Services

www.cmsstl.com

Nursing field provides variety.

Former Employee - Correctional Facility Nurse  in  North Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Correctional Facility Nurse in North Little Rock, AR

Pros

You provide different levels of care within one setting. There are opportunities for providing routine, urgent, and emergent care. You will see a variety of health issues that will allow you to gain experience in different areas of health.

Cons

The environment that you work within is very stressful. Being a correctional nurse is not for everyone, so you should weigh you options and personality very carefully before starting a career in correctional nursing.

Standardize employee interactions

Other reviews for Correctional Medical Services

Beware the stealthy pink slip

Current Employee - IT Support  in  Creve Coeur, MO
    Current Employee - IT Support in Creve Coeur, MO

Pros

There was a decent variety of work, as well as some occasional travel (usually voluntary). People are generally very nice, but can be a little "clicky" in an office of ~400. Business casual environment with a pretty laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Evil company that couldn't care less about its people (although they fake it well). Lay-offs each of the nearly 10 years I worked there. Not once did they rehire people laid off in the fall back in the spring when they would hire replacements. These usually take place in September. I made the mistake of thinking I survived to live another year, only to get axed two days before Christmas (a few hours before we closed for the holiday, actually). They fired the VP of my department, then used his office to ****can another two dozen of us. I had no clue until I walked in to fix a problem for the VP who was already gone. They often let go of some of the best people (who were often paid for their talent), then those upstairs would get a health bonus.

Grab a clue and realize who is really making the company successful. So then some loyalty and quit being so greedy. I won't point fingers to specific people but they know who they are. Quit passing off cheap gifts as a "than you" and start rewarding people with a bonus check or a decent raise. No one wants a candy bar or a restricted movie ticket.

You will need to be tough skinned, alert, aggressive, quick thinker, confident and careful, studious.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)  in  Charleston, MO
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Charleston, MO

Pros

Pay is good, shifts flexible, overtime pay is good, staff is effecient, training for new positions needs improvement, computer skills, insurance is good.

Cons

Inmates call personnell names, you see very personal and ilicit behaviours, staffing can be competitive, dangerous environment.

Better training for new employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Correctional Medical Services.

Worked for Correctional Medical Services? Contribute to the Community!