Correctional Medical Services

www.cmsstl.com

Correctional Health - Professional intrigue behind bars

Medical Service Provider (MSP) (Current Employee) Ionia, MI

ProsThe opportunity for independant practice as a mid level provider. Great collaborating collegues. Comfortable support from CMS administration as well as in interfaces with Michigan Department of Corrections. Can't ask for better support staff at the Ionia sight. Fascinating population to work with. Feeling great about serving underserved population.

ConsCommunication between administration and front line staff is frequently disjointed. CMS makes genuine attempts to stay in contact with it's medical providers but this is a daunting task given that employees are providing medical services to multiple prisons in multiple cities.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore frequent feedback for new employees. Some of us are fairly isolated from other CMS coworkers within a system of state employees. It's hard to get a guage on one's professional performance under these circumstances.

Don't work for Correctional Medical Services.....

RN (Current Employee) Vineland, NJ

I have been working at Correctional Medical Services

Pros: Retirement 401k can't be beat; If you want to succeed with this company, you can blindly follow… Cons: Communication at the local level is nil; the price for the health insurance is prohibitive with less than expected coverage; As an employee, you are… Advice to Senior Management: Play fair and according to the law! Everyone needs equal treatment. I have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Looking for another position

Rather Not Say (Current Employee) Smyrna, DE

I have been working at Correctional Medical Services

Pros: The PTO time that you are given is hard to beat, but given the fact… Cons: Repeated turn over in administration and management. No clear job… Advice to Senior Management: Follow through at the site level with, there is no communication between the regional office and the sites. When a directive is given, we usually… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Correctional Medical Services.

Worked for Correctional Medical Services? Contribute to the Community!