Correctional Medical Services

www.cmsstl.com

Worst company I have ever worked for.

IT Department (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe Technology is decent. If you are lucky, your direct report might be a great person. My manager let me do my job and didn't micromanage. There are some good people in the company. My manager was very flexible on working hours.

ConsWorst company I have ever worked for. Internal personal opinions instead of performance based. Unintelligent upper management (director level.) If you cross one of the "good ole boys" you can plan on being let go for any random reason; or simply "other" The good employees in the company are generally treated poorly and looking for ways out. Turnover is heavy.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's unbelievable that this company is profitable at all. Let the experts (worker bees) do their jobs and count on them for purchasing opinions, and don't let management make hire/fire decisions based on personal opinions. I have nothing good to say about CMS and recommend only taking this if it is temporary.

Lowest Pay in the Industry

Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Correctional Medical Services

Pros: Captive audience, where else are they going to go? Lazy… Cons: Not able to recruit decent help due to lowest pay… Advice to Senior Management: You are top heavy with no clue of what really… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Correctional Facility Nurse for CMS

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Current Employee)

I have been working at Correctional Medical Services

Pros: Sign on bonus with no contract to sign to get… Cons: Decent medical coverage, the college assistance is so-so, and the 401k is to laugh at, they match… Advice to Senior Management: Get organized, make decisions based on something that will make the place run better, not just becaue you are board and want to implement useless… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Correctional Medical Services.

Worked for Correctional Medical Services? Contribute to the Community!