There are newer employer reviews for Correctional Medical Services

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - IT Department  in  Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - IT Department in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Correctional Medical Services

Pros

The Technology is decent. If you are lucky, your direct report might be a great person. My manager let me do my job and didn't micromanage. There are some good people in the company. My manager was very flexible on working hours.

Cons

Worst company I have ever worked for. Internal personal opinions instead of performance based. Unintelligent upper management (director level.) If you cross one of the "good ole boys" you can plan on being let go for any random reason; or simply "other" The good employees in the company are generally treated poorly and looking for ways out. Turnover is heavy.

It's unbelievable that this company is profitable at all. Let the experts (worker bees) do their jobs and count on them for purchasing opinions, and don't let management make hire/fire decisions based on personal opinions. I have nothing good to say about CMS and recommend only taking this if it is temporary.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Correctional Medical Services (View Most Recent)

Lowest Pay in the Industry

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Correctional Medical Services

Pros

Captive audience, where else are they going to go? Lazy folks love it here, no one cares.

Cons

Not able to recruit decent help due to lowest pay scale in healthcare industry.Gets employees no one else will hire.

You are top heavy with no clue of what really goes on. No wage increases since 2006.

Correctional Facility Nurse for CMS

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)

I have been working at Correctional Medical Services

Pros

Sign on bonus with no contract to sign to get it, good pay, and five weeks of vacation starting day one!

Cons

Decent medical coverage, the college assistance is so-so, and the 401k is to laugh at, they match 50% up to 4% of your pay pre-tax and you are not fully vested for five full years!

Get organized, make decisions based on something that will make the place run better, not just becaue you are board and want to implement useless costly and timely ideas for no real reason other than you might get fired if you don't appear to have a function within the company (for management, not the nurses)

There are newer employer reviews for Correctional Medical Services

Worked for Correctional Medical Services? Contribute to the Community!