There are newer employer reviews for Corrections Corporation of America

Good company, needs common sense.

Current Employee - Detention Officer in Gainesville, GA
Current Employee - Detention Officer in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Good high level management and good company support network. Very well planned and thought out as a company.

Cons

Professionalism was somewhat lacking at times. There a lot of favoritism, especially on the racial front. Upper management was not engaged with the line staff at all. Lot of uncommon sense.

Be more proactive with the line staff and do not allow personal recommendations of the supervisory staff to over shadow personal one on one appraisals of line staff, supervisor use the buddy system but their buddy might not be the best choice. (This commentary is not over something that happened to me but to other line staff. Wanting to advance and being worthy of it but supervisors played favorites and the best person did not get the gig. )

76 Other Employee Reviews for Corrections Corporation of America (View Most Recent)

employment at CCA

Current Employee - Correctional Officer in Cushing, OK
    Current Employee - Correctional Officer in Cushing, OK

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The only reason I can think of is pay the bills untill I can find another job

Cons

they keep forcing overtime on people

Fire the management at Cimarron, cut out forced overtime, raise pay, cut the bulls**t

Lack of Honesty. Belittling employee's

Current Employee - Correctional Officer in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Correctional Officer in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

It's a job until I find another one and I hope it's soon.

Cons

Low pay for the amount of work one has to do.Supervisor up the Warden are never happy and always want more.
    If they spent as much time kissing the inmates backsides and saying thanks to employees the turn over would not be so high and pay better.

Try to start saying "Thanks for staying over ."Thanks for your hard work, what can I do to make your job better." Or just walk up to random employees and say Thanks.

It's not rocket science why C.C.A. has 75% turnover on employees.Low pay and lack of appreciation.

There are newer employer reviews for Corrections Corporation of America