Corrections Corporation of America
www.cca.com Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Positive experience.

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCCA provides upward mobility for the motivated and excellent employee, and good basic jobs for those with less motivation and ambition.

ConsThe wages are fairly low for the level of responsibility that is given.
Communication of facility issues on a strictly "need to know" basis is very frustrating. One feels very disconnected from the workings of the prison when one's only resource for news is the "grapevine."

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent about news and happenings in your facilities. Get rid of the minority of employees who don't care and who treat inmates poorly.

hard work, hard to do without resources

Academic Instructor (Former Employee)
Alamo, GA

I worked at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for more than a year

Pros: paycheck, support of colleagues within the department, officers were supportive… Cons: did not support employees job responsibilities with necessary resources. pay was not correlated to state guidelines for educators.… Advice to Senior Management: get an idea of what the people working under you actually do and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Let's blame everyone else for our screw ups

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
Eloy, AZ

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for less than a year

Pros: It's a job. At least I can pay my… Cons: Very poor programs. Tools necessary for job are outdated… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees better than the inmates. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Corrections Corporation of America.

Worked for Corrections Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corrections Corporation of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corrections Corporation of America CEO Damon T. Hininger. All reviews posted anonymously by Corrections Corporation of America employees.