Corrections Corporation of America
www.cca.com Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Where do I start

Correctional Officer (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for more than a year

ProsCan't think of any at this time

ConsPolitical, If your not in the right groups don't expect to get promoted. Over worked! IF you love overtime then you'll fit in because there's tons of mandatory overtime!!! Everyone comes here and several people by the time they've been here 2 or so months leave so we are always short on staff so the Correctional Officers suffer! Correctional officers are stuck working some weeks 5 out of the 7 days. Not Captains, Lieutenants, Correctional Counselors, Pretty much anyone besides Correctional officer!

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider raising the pay, making people besides just Correctional Officers work overtime. There are tons of things that people besides correctional officers can do! Pill call, count, different facility security checks. That will free up Officers and put them back into units.

Poorest working conditions I have ever experienced

Correctional Officer (Former Employee)
Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for less than a year

Pros: Unlimited overtime money to be made Cons: No breaks, no lunch or dinner breaks, no bathroom breaks, no water, can work 12 to 18 hours a… Advice to Senior Management: Be kinder to employees, No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you aren't part of the Clique, You won't move up!

Correctional Officer (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: All the overtime you want.....and that's about it.... Cons: -No idea if you will be relieved for that shift, 12 hour shift turns into 16 (Lack of leadership) - Hug a thug mentality; write someone… Advice to Senior Management: Stop having the backs of administration staff who treat the staff poorly or promote favoritism,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Corrections Corporation of America.

Worked for Corrections Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corrections Corporation of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corrections Corporation of America CEO Damon T. Hininger. All reviews posted anonymously by Corrections Corporation of America employees.