Corrections Corporation of America

www.cca.com
There are newer employer reviews for Corrections Corporation of America

It's a joke place to work.

Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Chattanooga, TN
Former Employee - Correctional Officer in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

None .If I had a friend I did not want speaking to me ever agin I will Highly recommend Silver dale.

Cons

See title me turning in a notice.

Quit acting like you are smarter than everyone .Management is a bunch of ego maniacs. You could not beg me to go back to work there.
Does management realize why so many former employees have lawsuits ageist the company?

89 Other Employee Reviews for Corrections Corporation of America (View Most Recent)

Where do I start

Current Employee - Correctional Officer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any at this time

Cons

Political, If your not in the right groups don't expect to get promoted. Over worked! IF you love overtime then you'll fit in because there's tons of mandatory overtime!!! Everyone comes here and several people by the time they've been here 2 or so months leave so we are always short on staff so the Correctional Officers suffer! Correctional officers are stuck working some weeks 5 out of the 7 days. Not Captains, Lieutenants, Correctional Counselors, Pretty much anyone besides Correctional officer!

Consider raising the pay, making people besides just Correctional Officers work overtime. There are tons of things that people besides correctional officers can do! Pill call, count, different facility security checks. That will free up Officers and put them back into units.

If you aren't part of the Clique, You won't move up!

Current Employee - Correctional Officer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

All the overtime you want.....and that's about it....

Cons

-No idea if you will be relieved for that shift, 12 hour shift turns into 16 (Lack of leadership)
    - Hug a thug mentality; write someone up, takes the inmates word over yours (Scared of being sued)
    -Superiors talk to staff like they are inmates
    -Prison stays understaffed(to line the business's pockets) so that means mandatory overtime; make you come on your day off, or write you up
    -Superiors hate paperwork so when you do write an inmate up…the inmate may never receive due to it being 'lost', or it goes past the 24 hours time frame that they have to be served.
    -Favoritism - Some C/Os are in the clique don't have to work units or they have their certain spots…to the point where they'll move multiple people so these people don't have to work with the inmates…
    -Mandatory overtime list, but it is rarely followed…some people get 'stuck' day after day…so a 12 hour day turns into a 16 hour day…back to back…
    -To move up you have to be apart of the clique…there is a lot of unprofessional flirting and relationships/affairs

Stop having the backs of administration staff who treat the staff poorly or promote favoritism, or turning a blind eye...no wonder turnover was over 30% for the year...(twice the national average)

There are newer employer reviews for Corrections Corporation of America